Vafler – Waffles
September 8, 2021
Here is the base recipe for waffles! You can either have this as a delicious treat with just a bit of jam, whipped cream, or brun ost (Brown cheese.) or you can have a look around at my other waffle recipes and see if you would like to take it one step further!
For Norwegian waffles, or Scandinavian waffles in general, you will need a heart waffle maker though. The biggest difference here isn’t that they’re heart shaped, but they are also a lot thinner than the usual American/Belgian waffles. A waffle maker like this would be perfect, and let’s you cook two at the time!
Yield: 10 waffles
Vafler - Waffles
Easy and delicious waffle recipe that never goes wrong!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 dl / 13.5 oz all purpose flour.
- 1 dl / 3.5 oz sugar.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom.
- 4 dl / 13.5 oz milk.
- 3 eggs.
- 100 grams / 3.5 oz melted butter.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl and stir in a little milk at a time. Stir well as you add the milk to get a smooth batter with no flour lumps.
- Stir in the eggs and add the melted butter. Let the batter rest for half an hour. If the batter is very thick you can add a bit of milk.
- Make the waffles in the waffle iron. Cook them until golden.
Serve with jam, sour cream, sugar, or brown cheese.
Recipe and photo source: Matprat.no.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks!
If you try the recipe, I would love to hear what you thought of it!