Suklaavohvelit – Chocolate Waffles
The Finnish waffle recipes I’ve added this far has all been the savory kind, so here is finally a sweet one! Chocolate waffles, how can you go wrong, right?
A delicious treat that you can whip together in the blink of an eye!
As I have mentioned in previous waffle entries, please keep in mind that for Finnish waffles, or Scandinavian waffles in general, you will need a heart waffle maker. The biggest difference here isn’t that they’re heart shaped, but they are also a lot thinner than the usual American/Belgian waffles. A waffle maker like this would be perfect, and let’s you cook two at the time!
Suklaavohvelit - Chocolate Waffles
A easy delicious recipe for chocolate waffles that you can make in the blink of an eye!
- 3 dl / 10 oz all purpose flour.
- ½ dl / 2 oz cocoa.
- ½ dl / 2 oz powdered sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar.
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 dl / 10 oz whipped cream.
- 2 ½ dl / 8.5 oz ice cold water.
- Powdered sugar
- 2 dl / 7 oz whipped cream.
- Dark chocolate chips.
- Fresh mint.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar, and salt.
- Whip the cream. Add the water and half of the cream to the flour mixture, mix batter until smooth and then add the other half of the cream.
- Heat and grease the waffle iron, then fry the waffles.
- Garnish the waffles with powdered sugar and mint leaves. Serve waffles right away topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Recipe and image source: Arla.fi.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you try the recipe I would love to hear what you think!