Potet- og sellerisuppe – Potato and Celery Root (Celeriac) soup
August 30, 2021
I have a soft spot for tasty, creamy soups, and even more so for celery root. So combining the two is pure magic! And a nice warm soup just hits the spot now that fall is approaching.
If you want a flavorful soup that’s easy to make, this is the one for you.
Yield: 4 servings
Potet- og sellerisuppe - Potato and Celery Root (Celeriac) soup
Easy and flavorful soup for a delicious weeknight meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 5 potatoes.
- 1 yellow onion.
- ½ celery root (Celeriac)
- 1 liter / 4 cups vegetable broth.
- 2 dl / 7oz cooking cream.
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 2 tablespoons green pesto.
- 2 tablespoons red pesto.
- Wash and peel potatoes, onion, and celery root. Dice all the vegetables. Bring to a boil in the vegetable broth and leave until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup to a even, smooth soup with no lumps.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Soup is ready to serve! Tastes great with pesto either added in the soup, or served next to it.
Recipe and photo credit: Frukt.no.
If you give this recipe a try I would love to hear what you think!