Kyllingkarbonader – Chicken patties
September 20, 2021
Karbonader is such a staple for easy dinners in Norway, it’s kinda like a hamburger patty but usually more tender. They’re usually served along the same way as you’d usually eat meatballs.
Here is a recipe for one with ground chicken and has a taste of ginger.
Yield: 4 servings
Kyllingkarbonader - Chicken patties
A delicious chicken dinner for a easy weeknight meal!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger.
- 500 grams / 1 lbs ground chicken.
- 2 tablespoons potato flour.
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 1 tablespoon butter for cooking.
- ½ dl / 1.7 oz soy sauce.
- Juice of 1 lime.
- ½ bell pepper.
- 150 grams / 5 oz yellow onion.
- 2 carrots.
- 150 grams / 5 oz celery.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- Mince garlic and grate the ginger. Mix together the ground chicken with potato flour, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture to patties.
- Fry the patties on both sides in a frying pan with butter, on low heat, until they're cooked throughout.
- Take the patties out of the frying pan, and add soy sauce and lime juice to the pan. Bring to a boil and take pan off the heater.
- Cut bell peppers, onions, and celery stalks into thin slices and wok them quickly in oil so they don't lose their crunch.
Recipe and image source: Tine.no.
If you try these I would love to hear what you think!