Kardemummavohvelit – Cardamom Waffles
Another Wednesday, another waffle recipe! As most people familiar with Nordic baking, we like to use cardamom in our baked goods. Pulla, kanelbullar, boller, all cardamom goodness. Well, here is a waffle recipe to add to the cardamom rotation!
As I have mentioned in previous waffle entries, please keep in mind that for Finnish waffles, or Scandinavian waffles in general, you will need a heart waffle maker. The biggest difference here isn’t that they’re heart shaped, but they are also a lot thinner than the usual American/Belgian waffles. A waffle maker like this would be perfect, and let’s you cook two at the time!
Kardemummavohvelit - Cardamom Waffles
Delicious Finnish cardamom waffles. A great treat for any time!
- 75 grams / 3 oz butter.
- 4 dl / 13.5 oz spelt flour.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 tablespoon cardamom.
- 2 dl / 7 oz whole milk.
- 250 grams / 9 oz cottage cheese.
- 4 eggs.
- 2 dl / 7 oz yogurt.
- 4 tablespoons honey.
- Nuts to top, like walnuts.
- Melt the butter and let it cool.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cardamom in a bowl.
- Beat the milk, curd, butter and eggs into a smooth mixture.
- Mix the dry mixture and the wet mixture together until it's a smooth batter. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease and heat the waffle iron. Bake waffles until golden brown.
Serve with a dollop of yogurt, drizzle of honey, topped with nuts.
Recipe and image source: Arla.fi.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you try the recipe I would love to hear what you think!